We are reaching out to see if there is interest in having an archery league at the Beloit Rifle Club. This would be developed for the end of summer/fall 2021. As an introduction we will be hosting a meet on the archery range Sunday September 27. It is recommended to have 4 target tip arrows with your bow to compete. There will be no cost for this event. If You have questions, comments, are interested in the event or interested in participating in leagues but can’t make it to the intro please email email@example.com
BRC Hunters Archery League Introduction
One Round will consist of two Archers shooting two Arrows from a station at the target for that station. ( Example – Target # 1 is shot from Station #1 ) Shooters will alternate between each shot. Everyone will wait behind the shooting line until all archers are finished shooting and the Range Cold signal is given.
Each target will indicate the score.( See example below ) Scores must be recorded by an opposing archer and arrows will be pulled after all have been scored. All arrows must be stuck in the target to score except for arrows that pass through the target. Score for pass throughs are determined by the group. If an arrow is on a line it is scored with the higher score.
- All standard long bows, recurve bows and compound bows that are considered Hunting Bows are acceptable on the range. No Crossbows.
- Releases are allowed.
- Family members under 16 must be accompanied by an adult member.
- Always draw the bow pointed toward the target, with or without arrows.
- Avoid physical contact with an archer in the shooting position.
- Do not shoot arrows up into the air.
- Do not use damaged equipment.
- Never use arrows that are too short for your draw length. Do not use cracked arrows.
- Wait behind the shooting line until all archers are finished shooting and the Range Cold signal is given.
- Never handle another archer’s equipment without permission.
- No broached or expandable arrows.
- No broadheads.
- Do not cross the shooting line to retrieve arrows until everyone is done shooting.
- Arrows can only be noched when the Range is HOT and from within the Shooting Station
- Shooting Stations will be even with the Shooting line.
- Targets will be at 10 yd, 20yd, 30yd, and 40yd.
- All Archers must shoot from behind the Shooting and and from within the Shooting Stations.